VORTEX PRESSURE REGULATION STATION
A proprietary CNG decompression process (VPRS-CNG) allows for complete elimination of high-pressure gas preheat and raises the pressure regulated gas temperature also without applying any external man-made energy. The technology has no limitation on CNG flow rate and the process initial and final/delivery pressures.
CNG Decompression (Virtual Pipeline) Application
A uniquely designed Self-Heating VPR (VPR-CNG) provides for a single-stage pressure regulation of non-preheated gas from up to 5,000 psi to a desirable downstream pressure of a typical 60-100 psi. The VPR-CNG is a key component in the UVI technology of CNG pressure regulation station: Vortex PRS-CNG (VPRS-CNG).
- Self-Heating device that needs no external heating
- Generates heat as an outcome of the routine gas pressure regulation
- Steady non-freeze performance regardless of the gas quality
- No moving parts
- No maintenance
- Easy to install or retrofit in new or existing facilities
A combination of the standard VPR sizes or a customized design provides for, practically, unlimited VPR capacity.
Using its proprietary concept of process configuration and pressure/flow control, Universal Vortex designs the VPR based CNG pressure regulation systems to satisfy one of the following process criteria:
- Constant CNG flow under depleting tank's pressure
- Duration of the CNG tank complete depletion;
- Variable discharge flow.
If applicable, the VPRS-CNG pressure regulating system may include the energy saving (no combustion) and 'green' Vortex after-heat-exchanging provision to increase the pressure regulated gas temperature.